From: unicode-bou...@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bou...@unicode.org] On Behalf
Of Giorgio Liscio
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 8:07 AM
To: unicode
Subject: Suggestion for new dingbats/symbols

Hello,

I really think dingbats/icons are a great form of communication.

For example, how about the "floppy disk" icon? Younger people don't even know
what a floppy disk is, but they know, in computing, it means "save".

And what about emoticons? An unique way to communicate, understandable by
everyone.

Nowadays, in computing, especially on the internet, icons-only fonts are really
popular.

Sadly, people use to assign these icons/glyphs in the private use area, because
they think unicode is not good enough to map all of their icons.

So, I think more should be done. Many icons are already in the unicode charts,
and this is awesome, but some very common ones are missing.

For example, what about the "shopping cart" icon? Or the "trash bin"
icon? Or also the symbol of "chat/discussion" (two speech ballons) ?

What do you think?

Giorgio