Doug Ewell <d...@ewellic.org> wrote:

> It's labeled prominently as a "thought experiment," which means there is no
> expectation that anyone will implement the format or software which reads it,
> only think about what would happen if it were implemented.

Well, it states as follows.

quote

This is a thought experiment at present.

Automated localization would be by having a file readouts.dat available. In the
thought experiment the file is a UTF-16 text file, such as can be saved from
the WordPad program by selecting saving as a Unicode Text Document.

end quote

My reason for putting "This is a thought experiment at present." was that the
format has not been tested by me in practical application and is only
theoretically based at the present time, yet I am hoping that the situation may
change and that the format might become implemented in practice by someone and
become widely used; or maybe that the publication of the format will act as a
catalyst to someone publishing a format that is accepted, so that the end
result of a standardized format is achieved.

> I actually read through the document, 18-point body type and all, before
> noticing this key point.

Thank you for reading through the document.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Searle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_language

----