Quote/Cytat - Gerrit Ansmann <gansm...@uni-bonn.de> (Sun 31 May 2015 05:01:36 PM CEST):

On Sun, 31 May 2015 16:32:36 +0200, Janusz S. Bień <jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

I'm curious what was the motivation for adding the character to Unicode.

According to the Code Chart for Latin Extended B (http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0180.pdf), it’s used for Sencoten. It was also used in some old Norwegian texts (for a start, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Kølle).

Thank you very much for the link to old Norwegian (I was aware of Sencoten).

Best regards

JSB

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)