On 7/6/2015 9:42 AM, Steve Swales wrote:
Or a flag inversion modifier… recently I discovered that the Philippines flag, for example, has a special meaning (we are at war) when inverted.  Just a thought.

Rather than modifiers, I think a more natural thing would be to have different base characters that reflect whether it's a flag, a pennant, waving, flying from a flag stock or whatever other variety.

Base characters could be limited to an "approved" list, which could be extended as needed to cater to actual demand.

In this context, I dislike the current proposal to use a WAVING flag as a base character for non-waving plan and rectangular images of flags.
A./

-steve