Quote/Cytat - Richard Wordingham <richard.wording...@ntlworld.com> (Fri 17 Jul 2015 12:59:24 AM CEST):

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 19:33:34 +0300
Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:

> One needs a good UTF-8 text editor as well.

Emacs is one possibility, of course.

If you're prepared to cut and paste,

Why it is relevant?

it's easy to extend it own
keyboards.  (Creating the first one was a bit stressful

It is not clear for me what do you mean by "own keyboards"

- the ones
that come with Emacs were almost all set up using ISO-2022, before
Emacs adopted Unicode.)

I my opinion creating a new Emacs input method is extremely easy and I solve my problems my modifying 'polish-slash'.

In a file you can associate an input method with it using Emacs an appropriate local variable.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)