Quote/Cytat - David Corbett <corbett....@husky.neu.edu> (Wed 21 Dec 2016 05:56:27 PM CET):

Couldn’t you use U+1D52 MODIFIER LETTER SMALL O?

In our corpus COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER O sometimes occurs in its combining function, it seemed more elegant to use a uniform encoding. But you are right, in the example quoted MODIFIER LETTER SMALL O could be also used.

Regards

Janusz

(I changed the subject line because the invisible letter proposal is not
relevant to the question about a lacuna character.)

I strongly support this. In our historical corpus of Polish

http://korpusy.klf.uw.edu.pl/en/IMPACT_GT_2/

we have in particular words ending with 'COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER
O' (U+0366).

We had to precede the character with NBSP as the vase, but to preserve
the correct segmentation into words we had to treat NBSP as a letter.

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)