On 1/9/2017 1:39 PM, Marcel Schneider wrote:
Iʼm saddened to have fallen into a monologue. Thus Iʼll quickly debrief
the arguments opposed so far, to check whether Iʼm missing some point

There's a good reason for that. You are advocating something that everyone else
accepts as going against a settled principle of the standard, and your solutions do
not actually work - the examples you send look terrible in my inbox, whereas, if
you had sent them as HTML, PDF or whatever with proper formatting (using
CSS or whatever) they would have looked as intended.

Plaintext is not intended to carry every single typographical convention (no
good mixing "orthography" and typographical conventions here, either).

Just get over it, and you won't be so alone any more. (I suspect that a good many
people have stopped reading by this point anyway).

A./