On 5/1/2019 3:23 AM, Shriramana Sharma via Unicode wrote:
http://www.unicode.org/L2/L-curdoc.htm

The number of emoji-related proposals seems to be increasing compared
to the number of script-related ones.

Have we reached a plateau re scripts encoding?

Somehow this seems sad to me considering the great role Unicode played
in bringing Indic scripts (from my POV as an Indian) to mainstream
digital devices.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा 𑀰𑁆𑀭𑀻𑀭𑀫𑀡𑀰𑀭𑁆𑀫𑀸

On some level, this is an inevitable transition.

Once all characters in current and historic use have been encoded, the only remaining proposals would be for characters that newly enter circulation.

The only unexpected thing is that the "new" characters are not limited to orthographic reform and new currency signs, but happen to be emoji.

Blame the fact that those very same "digital devices" have changed the way people communicate.

:)

A./

  • Emoji boom? Shriramana Sharma via Unicode
    • Re: Emoji boom? Asmus Freytag via Unicode
    • RE: Emoji boom? Phillips, Addison via Unicode