On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 02:47:28 +0000
James Kass via Unicode <unicode@unicode.org> wrote:

> > Are we are allowed to write Llangollen as the definition of the
> > Unicode Collation Algorithm implies we should, with an invisible CGJ
> > between the 'n' and the 'g', so that it will collate correctly in
> > Welsh?  That CGJ is necessary so that it will collate*after*
> > Llanberis. (The problem is that the letter 'ng' comes before the
> > letter 'n'.)
> If 'ng' comes before 'n', shouldn't Llangollen
> collate *before* Llanberis in a Welsh listing?

I'm not quite sure of the question.  There are two possible answers:

(a) I used the English spelling because, so far as I am aware, the US
keyboard lacks CGJ.  (I'm using a US keyboard layout so as to get
the keycaps engraved with Thai.)

(b) No, because 'Llangollen' doesn't contain the letter
'ng'. It's spelt 'll', 'a', 'n', 'g', 'o', 'll', 'e', 'n' (8 letters)
not 'll', 'a', 'ng', 'o', 'll', 'e', 'n' (7 letters).  There are a very
few look-alikes, where one is spelt with 'ng' and the other with 'n',
'g'.

Richard.