Eleanor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2005, at 21:56, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Eleanor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>To be honest I'm far more interested in exploring the possibilities
> >>of MacOS X native graphics so I can avoid using XWindows >;)
> >
> >X used to be known as the world's worst windowing system, but since
> >about 1990 you don't hear or read that anymore.  :)
>
> Odd that...
> I don't really mind it too much, but it it's very much a second-class
> citizen on the Mac - and it galls me that Unicon has functional Windows
> support *grr*

If you want I can break the Windows support, and submit the change as
a patch.  :)

Actually, though I detest Microsoft, I am pleased that Unicon supports
Windows.  I found out about Unicon when one of my co-workers, having
problems of some sort running one of my Icon programs on Windows,
wrote an e-mail to Dr. Jeffery about it and found out that newer
versions of Windows Icon were Unicon.

I didn't really care about that; what attracted me immediately was the
Posix support.

(WRT Posix: In this security-conscious era, I think we need to add a
mkstemp() to the Posix stuff, and perhaps have any deprecated Posix
such as mktemp() issue an "I am unsafe and deprecated, use mkstemp"
message, in the way gcc does, although we might have to do it at run
time.)