[Dennis asks about some build problems he's having under Cygwin.]

I have not built Unicon under Cygwin, so others may have to provide patches
and configuration files and advice.  There is a preliminary
config/win32/cygwin directory but I am not its maintainer and its status
claims it is unfinished.  But, I can make a few suggestions.

1. some versions of GCC, especially 3.x and 4.x versions, are known to
have bugs that Unicon exhibits.  Changing gcc versions or adding
or deleting command-line options (especially -O... and -f.... options)
may help.

2. You can debug a coredump with gdb if the executable was built with
-g compile flags.  If icont is coredumping it would be good to do this.

3. You are right that under Windows we build iconx first before icont, it
has to do with wicont linking in various runtime system files for console
emulation.  I would debug the iconx build before starting to work on fixing
icont if I were you.

4. wincap/ is a library for reading .BMP files.  It should not be
directly causing a problem where icont is coredumping, but stranger
things have probably happened before.  It is standard to include on
Windows builds, but not used on UNIX builds. Cygwin might have an
identity crisis in this regard.  But, the wincap/ calls could be
#ifdef'ed out or removed by brute force, without breaking the rest
of the Unicon build, if you needed to build without it.

Clint