I'm running 64-bit OpenBSD 3.9 on AMD64.
config/unix/openbsd/Makedefs needs to have added to
the definition of CFLAGS "-I/usr/local/include" to
make compilation work. Makedefs also needs to add
a reference to libz to satisfy references to gzopen, ...
I haven't yet figured out how to fix this problem
yet.

Notice that OpenBSD 4.0 has just been released. OpenBSD 3.4
is way beyond end-of-life.

I tried to send a list of makefile errors to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
but sometime in the last 24 hours my email to that address started
being rejected, so this will be my only report of this problem.

Dave Feustel