Is there a way to get UNICON/ICON to provide call stack information of the
sort one gets whenever there is a runtime error?

I use a lot of library procedures which are called from lots of places in
complicated programs.  I have embedded validity checks in these procedures
which provide me with information about the nature of the invalidity, but
it would sometimes be helpful to know the context within which the
procedure was called.
I have resorted to embedding code in the validity-checking code which will
generate a runtime error in these library procedures just to get that sort
of information.  For example,

&null == ""

works.  Is there a less "klugy" approach?

Regards,
Charles Davis