I wanted to process my list in chunks of 3, so I wrote
nvlist := []
every i := 1 to *longlist by 3 do
    put(nvlist, longlist[i :+3])
every nv := !nvlist do
But instead of getting 1:3, 4:6, 7:9, 10:12
I got  1:2, 3:3, 6:3, 9:3

My thoughts are
1.  i :+3 seems natural, because two indices are separated by :
and i is the first index.
2. I consulted the Unicon book, and found the "correct" way  i +: 3
3. The result I got makes no sense at all to me.

I suggest one of three changes
1. make i:+3 the correct way
2. (preferred) make  i :+3 give same results as i+:3
3. make i:+3 illegal, and tell me to use i+:3

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/