Since I'm the main culprit for flooding this mailing list with
email on odd, sidebar, topics, I've created a Wiki (TWiki) web
site that can be used to take such topics off-line:

   https://tapestry.tucson.az.us/unicon-discuss

The site includes tutorials on using a TWiki, reference manuals,
and a sandbox for playing.  This is my home machine, on the
end of a DSL-line, so don't expect miracles of performance...

Anyone can view the discussions there, but if you want to
contribute you have to do two things:

   (1) Register yourself while visiting the site
   (2) Send me email with your chosen TWiki name so I
        can add you to the group that has edit authority
        on the topics there.

Right now the site is pretty primitive - I haven't done much
to the default TWiki organization to customize it (yet) and
the only optional plugin I've installed (so far) is one that
lets you get a PDF version of any topic.  Both of those will
likely change over time...

I've put in a placeholder for the recent U.S. States anagram
puzzle, but not much else.  I'll probably add in the various
solutions that were posted to the mailing list (but not those
that were sent directly to me, unless the authors of those
tell me they don't mind).  I may add in topics summarizing
some of the mailing list topics I've caused floods with
in the past, but that won't happen quickly.

Anyway, if you see a mailing-list topic getting out-of-hand,
feel free to create a new topic on this site and point people
to it (or, if you want to take one off-line *before* it gets
out-of-hand)!

[I picked a TWiki instead of a blog or other site-type because
I'm familiar with TWiki, and for no other reason.  I will tell
you, however, that you'll enjoy life more if you can configure
your browser (FireFox lets you do this) to edit text areas using
your favorite external editor.]

-Steve
--
Steve Wampler -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]