Good morning Don,

I use TeXstudio under linux, but it had failed as well, since it relies
on the tex-live installation that existed on my machine. Now that I have
updated the tex-live system to the latest official release, it also
generates the pdf properly.

The README  that comes with the files for building the Unicon Book does
mention a couple of extra files you have to download, but these are not
available under Centos 6.

I just bit the bullet an did a full update.

regards

Bruce Rennie