On 9/19/07, Josef Sipek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:55:31AM +0300, Markku Savela wrote:
> >
> > > From: Shaya Potter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > no.  Ubuntu (Gutsy) is using
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/papers/strata/eurosys08$ dmesg |grep unionfs
> > > [36754.408000] Registering unionfs 2.1.2 (for 2.6.22.4)
> >
> > As far as I know, Gutsy is still unstable ("use at your own
> > risk"). However, good to know that, when released, it will include
> > better unionfs, and that I should not expect too difficult things from
> > Feisty unionfs.
> >
> > ps. Gutsy also includes Apparmor, and I noticed that Apparmor includes
> > LSM changes that also affect unionfs (I thought I saw patches touching
> > unionfs fly by ...).
>
> Yep, they have to change unionfs to support their security model.
>
> Jeff.

  Currently in Gutsy we have Unionfs 2.1.3 patched for the Apparmor
changes (based on an updated version of the patch sent here).

  After upgrading to Unionfs 2.1.3 we're hitting both the BUG_ON @line
128 in fanout.h and a kernel oops in dentry_open (called from
unionfs_open) on our livecd.  I'm currently trying to track down these
problems.

Phillip