In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Johansen writes:

[re: discussion relating to patches to split nameidata intents off -ezk]

> sadly no, but we are reworking based off of the latest feedback and
> hopefully they will go into 2.6.24
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg207150.html

John, we're very interested in those patches of yours.  If you're
interested, we can coordinate our efforts: I can have a unionfs git branch
in which I'll test your proposed patches and see if Unionfs works well with
them (esp. on top of NFSv4).  Getting your patches to work with a known case
that needs it (unionfs) before you post it publicly, might help in getting
your patches accepted sooner.  All I'll need is one big patch against
something (preferably linus's latest -rc).

For the time being I have to pass the whole new nd to an nfs4 lower branch
-- an overkill.

Thanks,
Erez.