We're happy to announce the first stable release of Unionfs-ODF, for
2.6.24-rc3.

For those who may not be familiar with it: Unionfs-ODF (On Disk Format) is a
new version of unionfs2 which is designed to maintain all union-level
metadata in a persistent cache, called the "odf".  It has many benefits,
which are enumerated in <http://www.filesystems.org/unionfs-odf.txt>
including improved namespace handling, persistent inode numbers, improved
readdir/seekdir features and performance, and NFS exporting (the latter is
coming real soon -- the exporting API has changed b/t 2.6.23 and 2.6.24).

What we've done recently is port many features and fixes from the regular
Unionfs-2.1.10 branch, into the ODF branch.  This improves stability
considerably: our regression suite and LTP now pass identically on
unionfs-2.1.10 and unionfs-odf-2.1.10.  From now on we intend to keep the
two "flavors" of unionfs in sync.

You can find links to specific ODF releases for specific kernels in either
of these two URLs:

        <http://unionfs.filesystems.org/>
        <http://download.filesystems.org/unionfs/unionfs-odf/>

As usual, feel free to report all problems you find to

        <https://bugzilla.filesystems.org/>

Enjoy.

Erez, on behalf of the Unionfs team.