On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 01:12:41PM +0000, Jim Potter wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Is there any way of defining which fs to write to based on filename?
>
> I currently run a windows network, but want to add linux clients. I
> can get the home dirs to mount OK, but it would be nice if the linux
> user config files ($homedir/.*) to all end up in a separate linux user
> settings folder, and the regular docs (not starting with a .) in the
> regular home dir.

Unless this changed over the past year and a half, new files always go to
the highest priority branch. Modified files stay on the same branch (if it
is rw), or get copied up (if it is ro). I don't know what the current copyup
rules are (once upon a time, it was simple: copy up to branch id 0).

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek.

--
*NOTE: This message is ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra protection*