Hello!

I know that unionfs-1.0.14 is very old but I need to use kernel 2.4.x,
so I must fix it.

The problem is that when I use directories with lots of files (> 340),
then I see only about 340
files in mounted directory. I can access them in "blind" by opening directly,
but directory listing is incomplete.

I couldn't find any limits on number of directory entries in unionfs.
It seems that problem is around unionfs_readdir, unionfs_filldir or caching.

First time, when directory is not cached, unionfs_filldir is called
for each directory entry.
And it calls buf->filldir. And at some point buf->filldir returns
-EINVAL (perhaps of no more room in user's buffer).

Probably unionfs_filldir incorrectly decides that end of directory was
reached and stop scans that directory.

And when unionfs_readdir will be called again, unionfs looks in its
cache and considers
that directory is completely cached, so it doesn't need to read more
directory entries from underlying file system.

Of course, I could be wrong. :-)

May be this is the old bug that was fixed in some old version so I
could look at changes?

Thanks.