To Our Neighbors,

Cedar Park Neighbors Association would like to thank all of the people who rallied together to relocate the drop off of police-impounded vehicles (as part of the city's program to impound on the spot if registration-insurance-violations are not in order) from the 47th and Warrington parking lot.

It seems that the decision to use the Warrington parking lot was a bit of a beaureaucratic misunderstanding, perhaps not a full appreciation of the nature of the surrounding community, including many residences and a flourishing community garden right next door.

So many people and groups lobbied for this change, that it is hard to give credit to everyone, but I will mention a few:  the immediate residents on Warrington, the community gardeners on Warrington, the Baltimore Ave. business corridor program and the UCD, Squirrel Hill Neighbors, Councilwoman Blackwell, the Phila Parking Authority, and, of course, my fellow board members at Cedar Park Neighbors.

I think that this experience shows the strength of our local community organizations and our ability to work together in matters of common interest.  Thanks again to all.

Roger Harman
on behalf of Cedar Park Neighbors