We love seeing all the photos.  My partner Duane always gets a big laugh out of big snowstorms.
Meanwhile, I am on a personal mission to make landlords responsible to shovel their own sidewalks!  I live out on 48th Street, where this problem persists, and I can only imagine what it must be like in the student dominated areas closer to campus.  In my opinion, any offending landlord should be called, on their emergency number, reminding them of the legal responsibility to have sidewalks cleared within six hours of the end of a snowfall.  Most landlords seem to know the rules when rent is late, but they should be held accountable for other time-sensitive obligations that they have that are needed to benefit our community.
Roger Harman