FYI

...just passing this information along. There are going to be over 1000 candlelight vigils on Sunday March 16, 7:00 p.m. all around the globe. The full email and website is in the message below. Locally, there is a vigil behind Houston Hall and also one at Rittenhouse Square, among other locations around the city. You can also organize your own vigil, if you desire. http://www.globalvigil.org

I apologize in advance if I have used this listserv for purposes that offend & disturb.

Susan

Please visit http://www.globalvigil.org and plan a candlelight vigil for peace in your area on Sunday, March 16 at 7 pm. MoveOn.org and the Win Without War coalition, together with Archbishop Desmond Tutu and many faith-based organizations, are calling this vigil, and we need your help.

Beginning in New Zealand, this will be a rolling wave of candlelight gatherings that will quickly cross the globe. It's up to you to make this happen. Today we are asking individuals, like you, to organize a vigil in each community. We're hoping that thousands of small groups around the world will be inspired to come together and stand for peace.

For more information about how to make this happen in your community and to join with millions of others around the globe, go to http://www.globalvigil.org

It's time for the world to come together in this moment of darkness and rekindle the light of reason -- and of hope. It's time to renew our commitment to building a positive world for our children.

With your help, we will see the first candlelight vigil to sweep around the globe on the evening of March 16th. Together, we will lead the nations of the world away from an unnecessary war and toward a peaceful and prosperous future.

Do you Yahoo!?