In a message dated 3/28/03 5:10:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Even if you're feeling kind of NIMBY about homeless shelters, come on --
it's Chestnut Street -- it's wide, it's busy, it's commercial.  It can
absorb a service like this, that might be unsightly to some or make some
uncomfortable.  It's not like putting a 200-bed shelter on some tiny
residential street.

Let's see if I've got this right...
Those of us who have chosen to buy residences on Chestnut Street are automatically obliged
to accept the unsightly, discomfort-causing facilities that wouldn't be acceptable for "more residential" parts of UCity? We shouldn't want to see the residential aspects of Chestnut Street enhanced and improved? We shouldn't want to have a voice in what kinds of commercial activities come onto the street where we live?

Yeah, I've got it...A "NIMBY" attitude is OK if you live in Garden Court or on Regent Street, but violates the zoning code if you live here on Chestnut!