In a message dated 7/16/2003 3:49:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Actually, now that you mention it: While picking up my repaired sandals in town I did see a tub and a ferret in a car around 10th and Spruce looking for a good place to train the car. (I am assuming this, as the car was making some unusual car sounds.) I suggested Sammy's on 45th and Baltimore, but the ferret gave me the finger. I was shocked. A ferret with a Nokia phone in one ear, driving one-handed, and a tub lounging in the back seat of an Alfa Romeo was too much for me to respond. I went around the corner to pick up a few hardware items, and got a great idea! I would lure the tub with some Comet and take the tub home with me. And, as my good as my intensions were, I had a secret plot of my own to rip off one of the tubs legs to help one of my own tubs at home. Gottie, as you call him, "got" away from me before I was able to put him into my van. He was afraid of the color red.  Last I saw, Gottie was hobbling southward from Lombard. Perhaps we should call the police or put up some flyers?

Dan Myers

You got your sandals repaired in town?? Where?

Ross Bender
http://rossbender.org