Hi All,

My son was assaulted today by an unleashed dog in Clark Park around 1 PM today (He's okay). We were by the Gettysburg Stone. He took off running toward the HMS school when an unleashed dog (by the turtle) bolted after him and knocked him over.

I wasn't able to get between the dog and the boy quick enough to prevent him being knocked over, but removed the dog with a kick to its ribs. The owner ran up to me yelling that it was only a puppy and wouldn't have hurt him. I responded by telling the owner to get her dog on its leash. She then took her dog to the bowl.

I made a police report about the incident. The officer taking the report told me that to his knowledge, no one has ever complained about dogs running loose in the park. He told me that if I knew of any other incidents I should let him know.

Please email me any stories you have about encounters with leashed or unleashed dogs. I will collect them and forward them on.

Thanks.

Bruce