In a message dated 3/5/2004 10:47:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
On 04 Mar, 2004, at 22:36, Anthony West wrote:
> > You yuppies can go out in the country and hick all you wanna. For me,
> > Clark Park is still an adequate urban adventure.
>
> We have been thinking of installing a waterfall for you, Ross. We
> would pump it up from the Mill Creek sewer.

Why can't Clark Park have a "Fountain" like Rittenhouse Square?

After all, all you need to do is to drive a stake into the bottom of
the bowl and it will fill up again... It was a lake, you know.

If we let it fill all the way up, we could have our own "Nessie and
Nell" tourist attraction! (Think of the increase in community jobs
related to this new business.)

Way cool dude. Just imagine

... it would finally eliminate the basketball courts, because the noise
would frighten Nessie (an endangered Species).

... building a "viewing blind" where the paparazzi can set-up their
cameras and wait for the elusive shape to hove into view.  (And maybe
an adjacent "bowl-wheel" where one could rise above the skyline and
enjoy the sites of the city from afar.)

... running periodic "scientific" diving excursions through the bowels
of the bowl looking for that most elusive of all sightings - a giant
Philadelphia Eel. (These could be run by the Scouts, Larry.)

... having occasional re-enactments of the arrival of William Penn on
the Dragon Boat Welcome. (A rigged tall ship would be simply copying
Baltimore.)

... we could have an annual "crossing the bowl" Triathlon using
Concrete Canoes vs Claw-foot bathtubs. The contestants have to portage
their bathtubs from the start at 42nd and Chester Avenue to the bowl.
(What ever happened to the bathtub races anyway?)

... these contestants would navigate a course outlined with flaming
pyres in water. (Go visit Providence RI if you don't know that I'm
talking about.)

... bringing tourists into the area on the revitalized Woodside Park
Trolley! (Maybe even all the way from South Philadelphia and Chestnut
Hill.)

... and on Samhain or Imbolc we could hold a "Bonfire Festival" which
would include "dragging the bowl for bodies."

And most important ... this is all about reclaiming the Watershed and
freeing Mill Creek from its years of servitude and bondage. We must
force the City to separate the sanitary and storm sewers so that Mill
Creek can run Free Again!

This proposal would also have a tremendous multiplier effect. By having
Clark Park and the Mill Creek stream bed declared an Keystone
Opportunity Zone, we would create at least 2000 jobs!

Oh the possibilities!
The mind boggles at the Joys a simple Water Feature would provide to
Clark Park!

(Over to you Ross.)

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill