On Tuesday, I was gassing up my car about 9:00 pm at the Sunoco at 45th & Baltimore. Two UCD 'bikesters' pulled up. The Muslim vendor who sets up his stand on the sidewalk was saying his prayer. Prior to the prayer he lit up a stack of incense.

One of the two "bikesters," let's call him Guy Who Plays Basketball on Duty, was approached by a man coming out of the Sunoco.

Man> The vendor over there is lighting his fire too close to the pump.

GWPBOD> He's not smoking while filling his car. He's on the sidewalk.

Man> Actually, the law says he should be 100 feet away from the pumps.

GWPBOD> I guess you learn something every day.

Man> Could you ask him not to light his fire?

GWPBOD> There's nothing we can do about it.

It's good to know that UCD works so well. What exactly are these guys paid to do again?

Do you Yahoo!?