From: Anthony West [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [UC] Clark Park Playground

I spoke with Peta Raabe, the design architect for the new Clark Park playground. As the contractor was installing the new playset, he found the manufacturer had shorted him a piece or two. Those pieces have been ordered. In the meantime, he could not finish the surfacing job promptly as he had planned to. He put up standard orange warning tape, which suffices for delays of a day or two but is not intended to last this long. It is beyond his contract to install sturdier barriers. Sam LePera of the Dept. of Recreation has been notified that neighborhood residents feel the unfinished surface presents a safety hazard.

-- Tony West