Title: Re: [UC] Republicans for Kerry Blacks for Bush
That’s not true.

What I am saying as an African-American is that they have the illusion of positions of power, but the power that is due them in not honored.

Never in my LIFE have a seen a war fought without hearing regular input from the Secretary of State.  Most of Secretary Powell’s advise about how to proceed in Iraq was summarily ignored.

He seems like he’s always on some “busy work” mission while the other guys handle the war.  (Where is he now, China ??) There were also memos about action to be taken in Iraq that were not shown to either Condoleeza Rice or Powell until much later.

For the other position you have mentioned, I cannot speak on, but for these high level cabinet posts, I believe it to be rather disingenuous to appoint them and not really let them wield the power they were allegedly given.

Wilma