From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 3:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [UC] Voter Turnout or How to Maximize the Number of Votes Cast

In a message dated 11/2/2004 2:09:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
polling places in private homes, bars, businesses, etc.
This is very common in quid pro quo situations. The ward leader comes to the bar owner, merchant etc to buy tickets to fundraisers during the year. The merchant then recoups his "donation" by getting paid to be a polling place. And, he will expect a favor or two during the year, otherwise known as constituent services. In the past a favorite favor was, when there was not enough street parking for bar patrons, to park on the sidewalk along the bar and not get ticketed.

Using a private residence as a polling place precludes the homeowner's opposing political party from installing signs. I, homerowner, support Kerry and you, opposition, support Bush. I will not allow you to display Bush signs on my front lawn or wall. You have no presence, and my signs are everywhere. Who you gonna cry to? And, you still have to live in the neighborhood after the election is over.
I wonder how common it is to have
the confusion of more than one division voting at the same place?
Its called economy of scale or command and control. Not unusual to have as many as four divisions working out of one, for example American Legion Post.

The benefits:

Controlling poll watchers. I ward leader tell you novice good citizen poll watcher there is only one credentialed poll watcher allowed in the polling place at one time (which is the rule). My guerillas usher three of you out the door until you call someone for help. During the ruckus of removal, I then vote everyone who has given me permission, in their absence, to vote for them because of favors (fixed tickets, bro in jail, etc.) I did them this past year.

Analysis:

a) there are people who vote every election because of favors done them. They "owe" the vote. I, committed party official, do them the favor of not having to come to the polling place. I absolutely know how they voted because my corrupt election board member casts it for them. This is very common in SPhila  where I have been told outright "I can't help you this election" i.e. if he shows up to vote in person there will be a major problem. I wont bore you with more on list.

b) It takes a while for a commission official or ADA to arrive and explain to everyone that the Post is considered for (4) polling places because it votes four (4) divisions. Your three associates are now allowed back in. I apologize. How many times did the one remaining poll watcher run in and out of the polling place to talk to his associates, while waiting for help? Who was watching us while he was out? Do you really remember how many votes were on each machine and on each corresponding voter log?

Why do you think the campus Dems petitioned at the last minute to get several divisions moved? Because it was unlikely Wolfe could reallocate effective resources to the new polling places at the last minute. If a stupid republican college student would kick a woman on the ground, while on camera, you don't think a stupid democratic college student may not try to cast a few extra votes for her friends who can't make it to the poll but want to vote D anyway?

Nice guys, like Cass, have no idea how many of us Dems know how to be the Conrad Doebler of politics. One of the dirtiest sneakiest offensive lineman in NFL History; even when the officials watched him, they missed the call.

Disclaimer:

The above was articulated for educational reasons only, so you too can help stop illegal election day activity. In no way is it meant to better educate corrupt Philly Democrats to more surely effect the outcome of an election, as they have been doing for years.