I know no one asked for this but it was passed on to me and restores a little perspective.  Hope it helps.

Joe

A Post-Election Prescription:

What will come of all this on Nov. 3? Some will pick up the morning
paper and save it for a souvenir, and the others will wrap up the
garbage in it. What will reconcile us is what has always restored our
sanity, and that is the plain pleasures of the physical world, our
common love of coffee, the world of apples, the movement of birds, the
lives of dogs, the touch of skin. . . . Having worked ourselves into a
fever over the future of Western civilization, we will now begin
enjoying our oatmeal again, with raisins, chopped apricots and honey
from bees that grazed in meadows of clover. The beauty of engagement is
disengagement. You simply put on your jacket and walk out the door and
find good health. There is no fever that a 10-mile hike can’t cure.

     --Garrison Keillor, writer and recovering political partisan, 2004

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp - or what's a heaven for?

Robert Browning   (1812 - 1889)