In a message dated 11/5/2004 1:34:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The PA website also states that you must be "entitled" to vote in the
election district where you cast the Provisional Ballot.  Thus it seems
that a person registered to vote in one polling location, can not cast a
Provisional Ballot in another polling location.  Can anyone tell me if
I'm correctly interpreting the rules?  Also, what is an "election
district"?  It this the same as a "division"?
At our polling place (27th Ward, 14th District), we called the Commissioner's office for everyone who said they were registered with us but weren't in the book. In a few cases, the people turned out to be registered elsewere, close by, and were asked to go there.

In other cases, the people knew they were registered elsewhere (Chicago, San Francisco); we were allowed to give them provisional ballots -- and made a note of the circumstances on the front. In two cases, our own poll workers were registered across town somewhere, and they got provisional ballots too.

The idea is that the decision whether to count or set aside these ballots would be made later. Each ballot was given an ID number, and the voter got the number (If you were in this district and didn't get your ID number, please get in touch with me because I have it for you). The voter can call a special number and find out whether his or her provisional ballot was counted.

Always at your service and ready for a dialog,

Al Krigman

Don't forget the city-wide Historic Designation Reform Task Force Forum, Oct 25 at Community College of Philadelphia. e-mail me (off-list, please) for details of the agenda, time, etc.