In a message dated 11/18/2004 4:30:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Neighborhood folks are not attending and consequently revenues are
nowhere near as high as they were promised.

Yet another example of how the top-down planning for the community by Penn's anointed experts doesn't work. The three restaurants closing at the "commons" (or whatever it's called) is another. And, I fear that the things they're about to do in the 40th Street corridor -- making believe they're based on all those bogus "40th Street Forums" (except they didn't give us of the hoi polloi credit for being able to see that the time line was off whack) will be yet another. Empirical evidence? Not this crowd!

By the way, Ross, that wasn't Dustin Hoffman in the movie theater. It was I. Dustin and I were often mistaken for each other when we were both younger than we are now and not as good-looking. And I wasn't asking for a toke. It was a cloak ('cause I noticed you were sitting there in shirtsleeves) -- I was sitting right under an air conditioning duct and was chilly.

Always at your service and ready for a dialog,

Al Krigman