We operated the very affordable Gold Standard Cafeteria (along with The Palladium) for twenty years in the very middle of the campus until our lease expired (and was not renewed by Penn) in 2003.  Along with pushing out the food trucks and the dismantling the Food Court, this seems to be part of a desire by Penn to set a more affluent - yuppie tone to the whole area.  Not that I agree with the plan, but there it is.
Roger Harman
Abbraccio

Iyer noted that the food court is one of the few affordable places for students to come to eat and said he hopes it will be ready soon.