In a message dated 1/5/2005 8:41:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
From today's Inquirer. Another illustration of what happens when third party do-gooders (people like the Preservation Alliance of Greater Philadelphia and some neighborhood groups I won't name) go on a crusade, then leave someone else with the bill.
Damn do-gooders!  Those people donate their own furnishings and money, create a non-profit entity, leave it with a half-million dollar endowment, and set up a unique museum.  All part of a diabolical plan to take control of University City.

If they're closing the Ebenezer Maxwell Mansion, they ought to close the Philadelphia Museum of Art too.  It should have been shut down when the Centennial Exhibition ended.  Those people don't seem to know how to turn a profit and are always asking me for money.  And don't get me started on the Philadelphia Orchestra.  The Rolling Stones still can make big money, and they're the same age as the Orchestra.

Bruce McCullough