In a message dated 2/7/2005 2:23:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Why is the ONLY solution -- Increased taxes?
Because, some people are unwilling to make a sacrifice. Some people are unwilling to do with less. Some people don't believe they can do without their golden calf, entitlement, pork barrel project, etc.

As an additional note, I have stopped posting to all of Ed Schwartz' lists, since he refused to post a piece on WiFi in Phila. Just amazing that a member of the mayor's WiFi Task Force posts and comments on so many social conditions yet keeps silent on the development course of Phila WiFi, unless it is to attack Verizon and the State Republican Party. Just what the City needs another utility to mismanage.

Odd, Pay-to-Play Mayor Street is so adamant about getting the project through while he is  office. Perhaps people ought to look at who is on his WiFi committee. As one Wharton educated investment banker suggested, the plan will perhaps benefit a few food truck vendors.

I was wondering how many poor people who can not afford DSL or can not access cable are able to afford WiFi/Centrino lap tops since the service will not penetrate buildings (ha)?

Why is there no general discussion about streamlining City service via WiFi, e.g.,
water and gas meter reading
traffic control
emergency service communications

Why raise taxes? So some people can continue to be the lap dogs of public largesse. Some people will suck the nipple dry, unless you slap them off; what a shame. Just like some lazy bastard parking in the space you just shoveled out.

Sound familiar? My work, your benefit.

Ciao,

Craig

PS:    Today I am a little cranky with crying crooks. Is that turgid enough for you Rosso?