To my mind asserting on a public list that "the owner of the house at 46th and Springfield is a funny character" borders on character assassination. It's one thing when Cass observes that Diller keeps large volumes of automatic weapons in his basement, uses them frequently on neighbors, and beats his wife like a gong -- habitual or chronic readers of the list realize that Cass and Diller have this ongoing humorous running chitchat between them -- but to make allegations about this anonymous "funny character" -- also, how many houses are there in the vicinity of 46th and Springfield? -- strikes even a hardened character like me as nasty and irresponsible and typical of the gossip at the University City Village Old Ladies Sewing Circle and Gentrification Committee.

I has spoken. Shazaam!