I would agree with that -- I ran a restaurant for a number of years before going to law school and drank like a fish, as to 95% of my co-workers.  Ahh, the wonderfully smooth taste of 4 oz. of pure vodka.

A friend and patron would come in every day in the late afternoon and would have a beer and then two two martinis.  I inquired as to why he always drank those two beverages in that particular order.  His response, which I have never forgotten: "A beer for the thirst, a martini for the pain."

Jonathan A. Cass
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 7:37 PM
To: univcity@list.purple.com
Subject: Re: [UC] (no subject) restaurant staff & blood, and a Joke

In a message dated 2/21/2005 11:54:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
restaurant staff
Within drug and alcohol abuse circles, restaurant workers and construction workers are the two highest, positive for use, testing occupational groups.

The assumption is made people who are not concerned about their own well being are not likely to be concerned about a stranger's well being.

I am not prepared to discuss the validity of the assumption, other than to note two modern era former pot smokers have done okay as President of the United States.

B2 & Moses Meet

George W. Bush was deplaning Air Force One in Israel. B2 walked past Moses, who didn't seem to notice him. B2 turned to Moses and said, "I am George W. Bush, the President of the US of A, the most powerful nation on earth. Why didn't you greet me?"

Moses replied, "The last time I spoke to a bush, we starved for 40 days!"

Ciao,

Craig