Yeah, yeah, yeah tell it to the Jesuits. God if I had a dollar for everybody who claims to have talked to God personally for 20 minutes I'd be a rich man. I remember once at the White House prayer breakfast we were finishing up the margaritas and grapefruit and George got this sneaky smirk on his face and whipped out the crack pipe and before I knew it everybody -- Falwell, Robertson, Franky Graham -- we were all down on our knees and George was praying in this high weird voice Lord we beseech thee, in thy mercy, send down thy holy hand grenade. Then he wanted to know if I could hear the voice of the Lord and wanted me to ask God if we should bomb Falluja again. Needless to say it was the last time I went to the White House prayer breakfast. Other thing that made me uncomfortable was that he kept calling me "Padre". Uh, George, I told him, you don't have to call me Father, I'm an Anabaptist.

Ross Bender