--- Begin Message ---
Mr. Siano, I read Ms. Lamond's response to your email before I read yours, and in drafting that message, I was unsure if yours was indeed the report submitted to the HPTF written in conjunction with Mr. Sharif Ali.  Let me assure you that your report was distributed to all members of the HPTF and the subject of much discussion.  The final product of the HPTF's deliberations is the recommendations which I just sent you.  While it may not contain any language specifically lifted from your own report, that does not mean that the HPTF did not read it or learn from it.  Please let me know if there is anyway I can be of further service.

Ariel Ben-Amos
Brian Siano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> To:
> Ariel Ben-Amos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> To:
> Ariel Ben-Amos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> On Monday, March 14th, at the last public forum of the Historic
> Preservation Task Force the Task Force will present and invite
> comments on its series of recommendations to Councilwoman Jannie L.
> Blackwell, City Council, Mayor John Street, and the Historical
> Commission. Don't forget to attend this unique opportunity to provide
> input on the future of historic preservation in Philadelphia. Feel
> free to forward this message to all whom you think may be interested
> in attending as well. If you would like to recieve a PDF of the Task
> Force's Recommendations and Analysis, please let me know.
>
> Much Thanks,
>
> Ariel Ben-Amos

Thanks for posting this, Melani.

I ought to mention that Sharrieff Ali and I submitted an outline of
revisions for the Philadelphia Historical Society to this Task Force
through Councilwoman Blackwell's office. The proposal was never
forwarded, so I submitted it to the Task Force's email address, with an
offer to make a more detailed presentation at an upcoming meeting. This
was several months ago. We never heard from the Task Force or the
Councilwoman's office. I have no idea if they've read it, or even
received it.

One would expect that the Task Force would have wanted to hear some
critical commentary-- something that might suggest a change. Instead,
the speakers have been, for the most part, contractors or architects who
are already working with the PHC, and whose accounts have been pretty
much along the lines of "Here's the great work we're all doing together."

Do you Yahoo!?
--- End Message ---