In a message dated 3/19/2005 2:07:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I'm really surprised you'd write something like that about a fellow mission-based business.  The money issue is a no-brainer, but there's more to both your restaurants than that.
Yesterday, I praised you. Today, class before worship.

To paraphrase Peter Drucker, profit serves three purposes:

1) it measures the net effectiveness of a business' efforts
2) it covers the costs of staying in business
3) it ensures the supply of future capital for innovation and expansion

Your business is unprofitable, if it is not covering your cost to stay in business, and, it should provide enough capital for future growth, even if you chose to not grow it.

My charge to you today is go out and start your own business and find out what it is like to make your payroll. If you are not a tyrannical autocrat, you may want to consider hiring me as a gofer. I am economical, and I have my own benefit package. Oh, you wont be able to pay benefits to your employees initially?

Ciao,

Craig