Wait ... was that a threat? Did he really threaten someone online? Isn't that
like ... a crime? Wasn't Sharrieff the one who outed himself when he posted
Bruce's private post to the whole listserve? In reading the old posts ... where
has a direct link ever been made from a list serve sherrif to Sharrieff? Does
anyone else besides me find this kinda creepy? --- "S. Sharrieff Ali" wrote: >
Gloves are off Bruce..see you around the > neighborhood! > > -----Original
Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
UnivCity@list.purple.com > Subject: Re: [UC] We're Paying This Loopy Bryn Mawr
have worked. Here is a web-site you will > probably need: > http://www.m-w.com
> > Cheers. > > Bruce > > > On 1/11/07, S. Sharrieff Ali > wrote: > >
Bruce..what are you..a bully? You continue to
 make > references > to me on this list trying to goat me into an > argument or
somehow > insinuate that I am watching everyone's post, > well..you are wrong >
again. You have already embarrassed yourself through > your private > post to
me and your past list references to me so I > suggest the > following: > >
Simply said...Don't make references to me at all. > > That is all I am going to
say for now..no need for a > reply..just stop. > > Here is a web-site you will
probably enjoy: > > www.moveon.org > > Best! > > S. > > -----Original
Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto: > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > On
Behalf Of B Andersen > Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:47 AM > To:
UnivCity@list.purple.com > > Subject: Re: [UC] We're Paying This Loopy Bryn
Mawr > Student $180,000??? > > > Look, we know that Ross won't make any
apologies for > his seemingly > insensitive remarks. What surprises me is that
the > listserve sherriff > hasn't called him
 to the carpet for posting non-UC > related topics to the > UC list. > > This
whole saga is a story of bad judgement all > around, and is a good > example of
how draconian our law enforcement can be. > The student in > question may have
made a silly choice by putting the > stuff in her > baggage, but it's pretty
clear that law enforcement > over reacted and got > their facts wrong. Was she
targeted because she was > Asian, maybe. Did > she get different treatment
afterwards than others > may have because of > who she was, probably ... but
that's all > speculation. > > In Philadelphia, we tolerate poor political >
leadership and management - > and this is just another example of how it comes
> back to haunt us. > > > On 1/9/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > >
wrote: > > Please keep on trying to mold your assumptions into > a logical
point. So > now you're saying flour filled condoms should have > been
erroneously > ID'ed as bomb materials if she perhaps was wearing
 a > head covering and > looked "Arab?" And that if that were the case, > you'd
criticize her for > being so stupid as to cause officials to make a > mistake.
Oh, and by the > way, David Oh is not some tall building fat cat > lawyer. In
fact, he > lives more in Craig's territory than UC. > > And please don't forget
Wen Ho Lee, who's eyes and > lawyers did not > suffice to keep him out of
isolation, without bail, > as a bona fide > national security threat for
nothing. It was pretty > apparent that his > being Asian was a key piece of
evidence against him. > > And did you note the equally off base comment to the
> blog saying the > inflexible city solicitor would not settle anytime > soon?
So did that > person retract? > > To be on target, you have to go after the
city > first, really. > > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL
PROTECTED] > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Cc: UnivCity@list.purple.com > > Sent:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:15 PM > Subject: Re: [UC] We're Paying
 This Loopy Bryn Mawr > Student $180,000??? > > > She is of the Asian
persuasion -- (see story > below). My point is and > was that if she had looked
anything like an Arab, > Homeland Security > would have whisked her off to
Gitmo without further > ado. The issue was > not so much that she might have
been carrying drugs > as that she might > have been carrying bomb materials.
But those > hotsy-totsy princesses with > the Mongolian eyefolds and expensive
lawyers who go > to Bryn Mawr get > special treatment. I still say she should
apologize > and give back the > money. "Stress bag" and "hall tea" my ass. > >
> December 29, 2005 > > > A Philadelphia Story > > > posted by Dave Hoffman > >
airlinetoy6.jpg > This story > > from > the Philadelphia Inquirer caught my
eye. (And gave > me an opportunity to > steal a picture from Dan's airline
screening playset > post.) Janet Lee, a > Bryn Mawr student, was on her way
home from the > holidays. At the > Philadelphia Int'l Airport, she
 was arrested because > her checked bags > contained condoms full of flour,
which the police > mistakenly identified > in two field tests as cocaine and
amphetamines. > According to Lee, she > and hall-mates had created the bags as
stress balls > as an exam-time gag. > The system held Lee in jail for three
weeks on > $500,000 bail: > > Lee acted tough to protect herself. She did >
modern-dance moves to keep > limber. Inmates saw this and gossiped: "Everyone >
thought I knew karate > because I'm Asian." She certainly didn't discourage >
the stereotype. > Inmates saw the high volume of visitors and figured > she was
important. > Again, she did not discourage the notion. She did > not tell her
cell > mates that the visitors were actually volunteers > from Catholic
churches > in Philadelphia who had taken up her cause. > The volunteers helped
her hire [a lawyer, and former > prosecutor, named > === message truncated ===

The fish are biting.