In a message dated 2/1/2007 12:33:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Karen's  argument makes perfect sense. That's why she's a lawyer and you're
not.

Let's start keeping track of the Penn malefactors and see whether  there's a
trend or not.

Mike has a point in that Karen's posting was anecdotal rather than
statistically valid.

But I believe that what Karen was really getting at was the story  behind the
story. Of course, neither UCD nor anyone else can anticipate, let  alone
prevent, this sort of singular incident. But UCD seems to take credit for  all
kinds of things in this area to which they have no legitimate claim of
ownership. More than just take credit. Promote the smithereens out of  giving
itself
credit -- with its $74k flackette not only flushing out the  propaganda to the
media (mostly the DP and the UCReview) but also acting as a
newsmaker-spokesperson herself. And it's this self congratulatory pap about
what they want to
portray as our little Utopia-on-Schuylkill that Karen  cleverly and subtly
mocked in her posting.

Al  Krigman
Left of Ivan Grozny ®