while we're on the subject, if you have a gun in your house and you're all out
of drexel students to intimidate, you can exchange it for a $200 food voucher
on sat the 10th at 46th and market.

from kyw:

Illegal Gun Drop-Off is Sat., Feb. 10th, in West Phila.

by KYW's Karin Phillips

Philadelphia legislators are announcing new reward programs designed to get
more guns off city streets.

Pennsylvania state senator Vincent Hughes has announced one implementation in
conjunction with the Pennsylvania Crime Commission:

"If you know someone that has an illegal weapon and that information leads to
the seizure of that weapon and the arrest of that person within a 72-hour
period, you will receive a $1,000 reward."

On Saturday, February 10th, from 10am to 4pm, at Sen. Hughes' West Philadelphia
office at 4601 Market Street, those who turn in weapons will each immediately
receive a $200 food voucher.

"We believe we've got to pull out all of the stops necessary."

For more information on the Crime Commission program, call  215-546-TIPS
(8477).