From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; UnivCity@list.purple.com
Subject: Re: [UC] Proposed new liquor - wine store

In a message dated 2/24/07 4:48:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

DP Prints: sent to list on Fri 2/23/2007 8:10 AM

"I'm sure the mosque will be there, make their case [and] be heard,"
said Barry Grossbach,
chairman of the Spruce Hill Zoning Committee. All parties "have the
right to speak, and then
the zoning committee decides."

Totally shitty community process.

I think you are pointing to a mistaken quote, Sharrieff; the reporter
made several mistakes in that article.

As I'm sure you know, there has  not been a change in city policy:  the
Zoning BOARD decides.  They don't  let the Spruce Hill Zoning Committee,
or any other community organization zoning committee, decide for them.

Melani Lamond

Melani Lamond, Associate Broker
Urban & Bye, Realtor
3529 Lancaster Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
cell phone 215-356-7266
office phone 215-222-4800, ext. 113
office fax 215-222-1101
2005 recipient of the Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors
awards:
- Diamond award for over $8 million in sales, and
ALL SIX of the West Philadelphia awards:
- Top Lister
- Top Seller
- Top Overall Combined Volume
- Top Listing Units by Area