I had some communication with Barry Grossbach, head of the SCHA Zoning
Committee, with respect to the article in this morning's DP, posted on this
listserv.

Here's what Barry replied, correcting some of the erroneous reporting in  the
subject article. (Since Barry is not on this listserv, he OK's my sharing it
with the participants.

Al K
-------------------

The article is beyond belief.  I  never talked to this person.  They have
everything screwed up.  The  hearing yesterday was before the city's Zoning
Board.  It was never  scheduled as a Spruce Hill meeting.  Blackwell's office
asked
for a  continuance at yesterday's hearing, and it was granted.  The new date
is  March 21st.  The DP staff simply cannot get straight the distinction
between Spruce Hill zoning process and the city's operation, and I have
explained
it to them 10 times!  And I have no idea who Jared Miller  is.  He and I have
never had contact.  Discussions are continuing  between mosque
representatives and the owners of the Rite Aid property, and we  are waiting
the outcome of
those conversations.

http://www.aol.com.