In a message dated 3/6/2007 3:39:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi  Kyle

You only got one call?  Geez, you're lucky.  I've gotten  at least 5 or 6 of
them since last week, including 2 last night.  First  time - fine, second time
- ok, by the third time I was like Enough already!

Seems like since being able to be on the "do not call" list for
telemarketers, the campaign/reminder/donation and (the most annoying) - the
survey calls
- have really gotten  intrusive.

Wendy

The city could save itself a lot of trouble, and increase recycling rates,
with a very simple change. Instead of "every second week" -- which constantly
shifts time of the month in a way that's hard for people to remember -- they
can  go to a "first and third" or "second and fourth" XXXday. They could even
post  signs to that effect if they were really interested in recycling.

I suggested this to the Streets Dept several times in the past few years.
Even once to then-deputy Commissioner (now Commissioner) Tolson. At some point
(although you couldn't prove this by Mike Hardy or Wendell Lewis) even I give
up  and stop trying.

Maybe some of the persistent recycling activists in the area whose patience
hasn't been exhausted can convince the Streets Dept people that this would  be
so much easier to remember and would therefore get more participation. Or, at
 least, to try it in a neighborhood like UC where recycling participation is
less  than one might guess from the tenor of the population.

Always at  your service and ready for a dialog ® brand resident and housing
provider,
Al Krigman

http://www.aol.com.