.....following Mike's link to the KYW site also led to this story, which, I
believe, has relevance to the zoning decision about the move of the Wine &
Spirits Shoppe from 41st & Market to 4237 Walnut, where a religious group
across
the street doesn't want it:

Prayer at Coatesville Council Meetings Comes Under Fire

 by KYW's John Ostapkovich
 When the Coatesville, Pa. city council meets tonight at 7:30pm, an important
slice of the Constitution dealing with religion is expected to be in play.
 The Bill of Rights has back-to-back clauses barring government establishment
of religion, and government interfering with religion.
 But complaints about prayer at Council meetings -- going beyond an opening
invocation -- prompted the ACLU to send a "please desist" letter.
 Margaret Downey, president of the Freethought Society of Greater
Philadelphia, which describes itself as "nontheist," after hearing the worries
of some
Coatesville residents, attended a council meeting herself:
 "I was appalled at the intermixing of religion and business. I was also
quite concerned that the city counci members wear their religion on their
sleeve."
 Two councilmembers are ministers, and have indicated in previous interviews
that their faith is a personal foundation that they can't leap off and on.

The ACLU says it expects to hear from people about religion's profile at
tonight's meeting.
 Calls to councilmembers were not immediately returned.

http://kyw1060.com/pages/297702.php?contentType=4&contentId=369966

Melani Lamond, Associate Broker
Urban & Bye, Realtor
3529 Lancaster Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
cell phone 215-356-7266
office phone 215-222-4800, ext. 113
office fax 215-222-1101

 AOL now offers
free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at
http://www.aol.com.